Suicides: Strength-centered Approaches for Detection & Prevention (2 CE Hours)
This program discusses the fundamental ethical issues and dilemmas practitioners face in the field. We will discuss the ethical codes that apply to working with behavioral and mental health clients. Also, we will evaluate scenarios that allow participants to explore the grey areas and the ethical decision-making procedures.
Commonly occurring challenges will be reviewed and participants will better understand effective ways to handle these situations.
Program Goals and Learning Outcomes
Participants in this program will;
- Review overarching ethical principles
- Overview of mental health ethical codes
- Gain and understanding the process of ethical decision making
- Consider the complexity of ethical dilemmas
- Learn to interact with Law Enforcement and Probation (Limits to Confidentiality)
- Be in a position to understand how to manage dual relationships
- Understand the role of confidentiality