Evidence-Based Pathways Masterclass for Organizational Leadership (1-Day, Oct 24, 2023)
Team attendance is encouraged. Bring your team and take advantage of group rates
This program teaches how to build leadership capacity for becoming an evidence-based organization (EBO).
Evidence-based programs, practices and policies are key approaches required of organizations to sustain them and their initiatives. Overall, Evidence-based Organizations (EBO's) consistently demonstrate the ability to achieve desired outcomes through effective problem-solving and informed decision-making. In doing so, they use research evidence and data to drive decisions and to develop innovative approaches to delivering services. Their overall goal is to increase the likelihood of the agency and its clients achieving desired outcomes.
- Knowledge and use of evidence-based policies, programs, and practices
- Demonstration of effective organizational leadership
- Understanding of organizational culture and use of organizational assessment
- Utilization of effective strategic planning, performance measurement, and program evaluation
- Ongoing efforts to enhance organizational capacity and sustainability
After receiving and discussing training content, participants will use workshop time to develop their agency-specific plans. It is desirable that 4 to 5 workshop participants attend from each agency, with at least one laptop computer available for group use.
Learning Goals & Objectives
This workshop will provide fundamental EBO knowledge and address the common problems associated with moving from a training environment to the implementation and evaluation of evidence-based organizational change efforts. Participants will be given the opportunity to develop:
- A plan for infusing evidence-based organizational practices combined with evidence-based services into the strategic plan of the agency
- An appreciation for ethical issues, and current and emerging considerations for human services
- Strategic and action plans for EBO development
- An EBO vision and mission
- Organizational goals and objectives, centered on the 5 key aspects of EBO development
- Action steps to be taken to carry out the strategic plan. These action steps will specify responsible individuals, time frames, and resources needed.
This course is taught by David Myers, PhD., Author, "How To Become An Evidence-Based Organization" and will provide fundamental EBO knowledge and address the common problems associated with moving from a training environment to the implementation and evaluation of evidence-based organizational change efforts.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID
“When I was first asked to attend this training, I thought to myself, 'Not another training! Now am glad I came. It's the best training I have attended in a good while!”
“I liked that the information was tactical, action-oriented, and given from the perspective of organizational development. I liked that we were provided with specific tools (questionnaires and assessments) to utilize with our agencies. I am in strong agreement that we need to focus on internal processes and on staff outcomes as part of an evidence-based approach and I think it's great that the workshop highlighted this throughout “
* Program content and Faculty subject to change without notice
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Organizational and operational leadership teams.
Professor & Director, Criminal Justice PhD Program, University of New Haven, & Author, "How to Become an Evidence-based Organization (EBO)"
David L. Myers, PhD, is a Professor and Chairperson of the Criminal Justice Department at the University of New Haven. He previously was a Professor with the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), where he worked from 1998-2016. He earned his PhD in 1999 from the University of Maryland, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, and previously received a Master of Science in Administration of Justice and a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from Shippensburg University...
KEY REASONS YOU AND YOUR COLLEAGUES SHOULD ATTEND
- Join others and learn to quickly get your program initiatives on a solid foundation
- Learn in a focused setting without the distractions of being sold to
- Network with colleagues to share invaluable ideas and experiences from different parts
- Meet other professionals and learn how they overcame implementation challenges they faced
- Leave at the end of the program with action steps to begin addressing challenges you face
- Learn first hand the best and latest resources for addressing needs and how to apply them
- Learn from experts and outstanding practitioners “what works” and what not to do
- Through discussion groups and trouble shooting exercises you will learn to embrace opportunities ahead
|Event End Date||10/24/2023|
|Cut off date||10/24/2023|
|Speaker||David L. Myers, PhD, Department Chair, University of New Haven, & Author, "How to Become an Evidence-based Organization (EBO)"|
|Number of Registrants||Rate/Person ($)|